This simple craft will keep the kids entertained for hours while they play pretend with their very own police and fireman hats. Try making your own community hats with your children!
- Black marker
- Coloured A4 sized paper
- White A4 sized paper
- Paint brushes
- Paper plate
- Select your colour of paint and begin painting the bottom of the paper plate. Allow to dry.
- Then using the coloured paper, cut out a crest for your community hat.
- Write your ‘department name’ on the crest with the black marker.
- Glue your crest onto the middle of the painted side of the paper plate.
- With the scissors, cut a semi-circle around the inside lining of the paper plate to fit your child’s head.
Hints and tips!
- Use different colours and crest shapes to make all kinds of community hats.