Early learning for life at Essendon Fields Kinder Haven
Our early learning and long day care centre offers child care in Essendon Fields in a homely setting that is perfect for families living or commuting through Essendon Fields or nearby suburbs Airport West, Essendon, Gladstone Park, Strathmore, Niddrie and Tullamarine.
We understand how busy life can be for our families, so we offer a stress-free all-inclusive early education experience to make your life easier. From nutritious meals and nappies to engaging specialised programs – this is all included in the daily fee.
We’re conveniently located just next to Essendon Fields Shopping Centre and the Essendon Fields Airport.
What we offer at Essendon Fields Kinder Haven
|Adventure-filled playgrounds||Nutritious meals incl. halal|
|Specialised programs||Kindergarten program|
|Regular community excursions||Regular updates and photos|
- Qualified educator team who are dedicated to developing a positive relationship with your family to ensure your child’s learning experience is customised to their individual needs.
- Our play-based learning is guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for children from nursery through to kindergarten age.
- Adventure-filled playgrounds featuring a climbing fort, sandpits, swings and more. We also have a communal garden for children and families to visit with herbs, vegetables and fruit.
- Healthy and nutritious meals prepared daily by our cook including halal meals.
- Fees inclusive of nappies for your convenience.
- A kindergarten program taught by a bachelor qualified early childhood teacher. The program will prepare your child socially and emotionally for the next step in their early education journey.
- Daily photos and updates are provided on our parent communication app so you never miss a moment of your child’s learning and development.
- We proudly provide flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full-day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy.
- Engaging specialised programs including sport and a music and movement program to further develop fundamental skills.
- Our educators and children enjoy community walks around the local area visiting the nearby supermarket, post office and Essendon Fields Airport.
- A sustainability program that teaches children a sense of responsibility and connection to the world around them.
Meet the Centre Manager – Daniella Bovalina
I started my career in Early Childhood Education and Care in 2004 and I hold an Advanced Diploma in Children’s Services.
I believe working in early learning makes me feel proud to work in a sector that gives back so much to its community. As an educator and centre manager you are able to work in an environment where play is a part of the learning and the observing of one’s development is so prevalent in the day to day routine of the centre.
Our centre has a beautiful family feel as you enter the building, with the pleasant cooking smells and the laughter from educators and the sounds of children engaging and mixing with the peers brings a journey of life and excitement. We are situated in a corporate business zone where parents are welcomed to come for lunch and visit their children.
I love dancing to Tik Tok with my children and always treating people the way they would like to be treated.
Rooms and Facilities
Essendon Fields Kinder Haven provides early education and child care for children from nursery age through to kindergarten. Each room has been planned and set up to deliver the best early learning experience for your little one.
Nursery 1 (8 weeks – 12 months) and Nursery 2 (12 – 18 months)
Our Nursery rooms provide:
- A homely, safe and secure environment for children to learn through play.
- Qualified and supportive educators who genuinely care about children’s wellbeing and growth.
- Activities designed to grow physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading.
- A continuation of your family’s home routine including sleep and feed times.
- An open-door policy for families that allows them to drop in for a visit any time of the day.
Toddler 1 (18 – 24 months) and Toddler 2 (24 – 36 months)
Our Toddler rooms offer:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are planned to support sensory-motor and cognitive development.
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play.
- The continuous development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions.
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to engage in basic literacy and numeracy concepts.
Pre Kinder (3 – 4 years) and Kindergarten (4 – 5 years)
Our Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten rooms provide:
- A Kindergarten program aimed at further developing literacy, numeracy and social skills.
- Compared to traditional Kindergartens, we’re open longer from 6:30am – 6:30pm, our program runs 52 weeks of the year and offers up to 5 days per week.
- Interest-based learning placing children at the helm of their early education experience.
- Play-based opportunities to further develop social skills and emotional development.
See how we’re learning for life at Essendon Fields Kinder Haven. Call our Family Support Specialist team today on 1800 413 856 or book a tour today to see everything our centre has to offer.