- Building 3, 4 Gribble Street, Gungahlin, ACT 2912, Australia
- Monday 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Tuesday 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Wednesday 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Thursday 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Friday 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Welcome to Kinder Haven Gungahlin
Our Gungahlin child care and preschool centre is conveniently located for families looking for long day care or preschool in Gungahlin, Palmerston, Ngunnawal, Amaroo and Franklin. Gungahlin Kinder Haven offers homely daycare and preschool services for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years, with convenient operating hours from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm.
Our Gungahlin child care and preschool centre provides families with daily updates and photos detailing your child’s learning and development, all accessible on our family app. Meals, sunscreen, nappies, wipes and bedding are all included in the fees.
Our Early Learning Environments
Gungahlin Kinder Haven provides a nurturing and enriching early learning environment that fosters exploration and curiosity.
The outdoor environments at our Gungahlin child care centre include purpose built areas for each age group, climbing equipment, vegetable gardens and more. Our outdoor learning program focuses on the development of your child’s strength, balance, and self-confidence.
Our indoor learning spaces offer a variety of engaging resources including an interactive smartboard for children to learn and grow. Our experienced educators and teachers use these to design various age-appropriate play-based experiences.
Our rooms provide a variety of fun-based experiences that suit individual needs, abilities and interests from music, art, gardening to dance. Our days are divided between indoor and outdoor play where our children fulfill their curiosity as they explore and discover the world around them.
Dedicated team of Educators and Teachers
We are a multicultural early learning centre in Gungahlin, with educators proficient in multiple languages, including Mandarin, Punjabi, and Hindi.
Our team of passionate and qualified early childhood teachers and educators are dedicated to ensuring every child feels safe, nurtured, and inspired throughout their early education journey.
Health and Nutrition
Our Gungahlin child care centre provides children with nutritious, unprocessed, and seasonal whole foods prepared by a qualified chef. Our menu rotates every four weeks to cater to diverse dietary requirements. We actively involve children in food preparation to promote healthy eating.
Play-Based Early Learning Curriculum
At Gungahlin Kinder Haven early learning centre, we recognise the importance of play in a child’s learning and development journey. Our team tailors play-based learning activities in line with national standards, specifically the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), helping prepare them for kindergarten and school readiness.
We also offer the following enriching learning experiences:
- Sustainability Program: Helps children develop and understand the importance of embedding sustainable practices into everyday life. Children learn about recycling, conserving water, growing food and the importance of protecting our planet.
- Community Engagement Program: Encourages children to interact with and discover their local community. We often have visits from community services, and we go out on adventures to teach the children about their local environment.
- Music program: Designed to develop fundamental skills that help support children’s self-regulation, culture, and concentration. Children learn to appreciate and develop an understanding of music and culture – and of course, have fun.
- Events: Throughout the year our Gungahlin early learning centre offers a variety of extra programs for the children, including Kenny koalas, musical events, aboriginal and Torres strait islander events, end of year celebrations, graduation celebration, bush wash, parent special talents etc.
Preschool and School Readiness Program
At Gungahlin Kinder Haven child care centre, your child will benefit from our enhanced learning program in preschool combined with our play-based learning program. With the added convenience of long daycare hours, our preschool program runs all year-round, perfect for busy families.
Children who attend our preschool program will:
- be exposed to new ideas and concepts, such as STEM, literacy and sustainability
- engage with peers and form friendships groups
- develop independence and self-confidence
- develop emotional skills, such as understanding their own feelings and those of others
- be able to connect with, and contribution to their world
- be able to investigate and problem solve
The added benefits of our preschool program include:
- Extended opening hours
- Open all year round (excl public holidays)
- Programs developed and delivered by our Qualified Educators
- Exclusive music and movement program for self-regulation
Meet the centre manager
I have been in the Early Childhood Sector in Australia for over 28 years. I have studied my Diploma in Leadership and Management, a Advance Diploma in Education and Care and a Diploma in Education and Care.
Early Childhood Education is my passion and being part of a child’s learning journey to reach their best outcomes and become the confident and unique little people that they are. I am committed to building relationships with families being the most important voice in their child’s life whilst working alongside a caring, dedicated and professional team of educators to provide high-quality care and education.
At our service, we strive to achieve an environment that supports a sense of belonging whilst facilitating engaging, creative and exceptional learning experiences for both children and families to have the best experience of education in the foundational years.
We look forward to welcoming you and showing you through our service.
Gungahlin Kinder Haven provides early education and child care for children from nursery age through to preschool. Each room has been planned and set up to deliver the best early learning experience for your little one.
Our Nursery rooms provide: (0 – 2 years)
- A homely, safe and secure environment for children to learn through play.
- Qualified and supportive educators who genuinely care about children’s wellbeing and growth.
- Activities designed to grow physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading.
- An open-door policy for families that allows them to drop in for a visit, a feed or a play at any time of the day.
Our Toddler rooms offer: (2 – 3 years)
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are planned to support sensory-motor and cognitive development.
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play.
- The continuous development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions.
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to engage in basic literacy and numeracy concepts.
Our Preschool rooms provide: (3 – 5 years)
- A preschool program with a comprehensive curriculum focused on further developing literacy, numeracy and social skills.
- Interest-based learning placing children at the helm of their early education experience.
- Play-based opportunities to further develop social skills and emotional development.
- A transition-to-school program
If this is your child’s first time in child care, or you’re unsure about the subsidy, learn more about how to apply for the subsidy. Our team of experts are always on hand to guide you through the process, call 1800 413 885.
Our families love Kinder Haven Gungahlin
- Fees effective from 29 January 2024
- Fees effective from 29 January 2024
- Fees effective from 29 January 2024
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from a centre tour?
A centre tour is a convenient way to experience the centre of your choice and meet with our qualified educators at a time suitable to your family schedule. Kinder Haven also offers the virtual tour option in all our centres. Click here to book a tour online.
On the day of the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to observe practices and interactions within the centre environment. You’ll be able to see all the rooms and playgrounds, ask the team members any questions you have in mind, and get all the information you need to make the best decision for your child.
Do I have to be on a waitlist?
Kinder Haven’s Family Support team will add your child’s name to our waitlist if one of our centres is currently full in your child’s age group. We will then contact you as soon as a place becomes available.
We also do monthly check-ins to review the availability, and you will receive a text message confirming if you’re still happy to remain on the waitlist each month. If you would like to get an update at any point, you’re welcome to reach out on our Web Chat or give us a call.
Our Family Support team can also help you find more G8 early learning centres near you, with the same offerings at the Kinder Haven centre you are interested in that have immediate availability.
What can I do to help my child prepare for starting care?
It’s common for a child to experience separation anxiety when they first start child care. When you’re getting ready to start child care, you can help your child overcome anxieties by visiting the child care centre together for a Stay and Play session, and easing into new routines at home.
Click here to read more tips about how to make the transition easier for your child.
What should I pack my child for their first day?
Most of our Kinder Haven child care and early education centres offer the following:
- Nappies and wipes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Nutritious meals prepared by our in-house cook
Some centres also provide sheets and formula, so you may not need to remember to pack them.
For nursery children, be sure to bring: nappy rash cream, dummies, bottles and teats, comfort toys or blankets, three spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
For toddlers and preschool or kindergarten-aged children, it’s best to bring: spare underwear, water bottle or sippy cup, sun hat, closed-toe shoes, two spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
Plus anything else your individual child may need, such as breast milk, a sleeping bag, a comforter or medication.
It’s best to speak to your centre of choice for a full list of everything included.
How do I get updates on my child's day?
Kinder Haven uses Xplor Home as our family communication app. It is the best and easiest way to keep track of your child’s day. After you enrol your child with the centre, you can utilise Xplor Home to book child care days, manage your account, receive the photographs that capture your child’s learning, learn about your child’s progress, as well as keep up-to-date with upcoming centre events and important information.
What if my child gets sick?
If your child shows signs of an infectious illness when they arrive at the centre or becomes sick during the day, you may be notified that you need to make alternative arrangements or pick up your child from the centre, and keep them home until they are no longer infectious. While we understand that this can be inconvenient, Kinder Haven is committed to maintaining a healthy environment and reducing the risk of infection for all children.
Under the Child Care Subsidy (CCS), families are allowed 42 absence days per child, per financial year. These can be taken for any reason, including public holidays and when children are sick, without the need for families to provide documentation.